Blog Exploration

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging.  *Before starting this assignment, please complete the one below this: change nickname, add widget, create an avatar.

blog boardhttp://www.flickr.com/photos/barnett/2836828090/

Some rights reserved

What makes a blog good?   Think about this question as you explore the following 5 blogs.  Each blog has multiple posts; make sure to examine several posts for each.

** Explore each blog for only 5 minutes.

Next, compose a comment to this blog post which addresses these questions:

• Which was your favorite blog?  Why?
  • Which was your least favorite blog?  Why?
  • What things can you do to make your blog interesting for people to read?
  • How can you get others to read and comment on your blog?

Please compose your comment in Word first; take advantage of the spelling and grammar checkers.  Proofread.  Make sure you have answered all the questions above and that your writing makes sense.

1  Jaden’s Awesome Blog

2    Laura’s Blog

3    Lizzie’s Blog

4    Natalie’s Blog

5    Asha’s Amazing

Have Fun!

32 thoughts on “Blog Exploration

1. Asha’s lots of good info
    Jadens very blank
    add pictures
    ask good questions

2. Lizzie is for sure my favorite. her posts are bubbly and fun. Laura is my second because hers talks to the readers which stood out from the rest. Natalie is third cause she was informational. Asha’s fourth cause I’m not a fan of books. Jaden’s is last all the way cause I seriously do not care about that stuff

3. Lizzie’s Blog is great I would follow a sweet blog love the pics but she needs to talk about it more.Laura’s, I love what she talked about so interesting but she needs pictures of this swimming championship. Jaden’s its a little boring, why did he talk about his 6th favorite and not his first? also it was to confusing, so many bullet points.

4. I love how all that the articles have verity and I loved reading about Laura and her swimming adventure. I also liked learning about different people in Jaden’s blog

5. Lizzies blog was my favorite blog because it just seemed more happy with all the photos and made me wanna read. I do wish she had more information though. Jadens blog was my least favorite because it was very confusing and why did he talk about his 6th favorite not his first? I think Photos and topics that a lot of people relate on are good to talk about to get people to read your blogs.

6. For Lizzie’s blog we could make it more interesting by adding more facts and shorting the sentences

7. My favorite blog was Lizzie’s blog because it was very cute and had a varity of things without being annoying. Laura was second because it was very bubbly and she seemed to be talking to me instead of just typing. Third was Asha because it was set up very professional looking, but she did talk too much about books. Fourth was Natalie because it was kind of random and confusing to read. Last was Jaden because the letters were red and it kind of hurt m,y eyes. He didn’t talk about different things just like two.

8. To be honest my favorite blog was Natalie’s because her blog makes more sense and it was interesting to read. Jaden’s blog is my at least favorite because it was confusing because he doesn’t talk about his 1st biography and his text is in red black color which makes it hard to see and read. I think pictures and stronger writing is makes blog interesting to read. Maybe you need more facts in short sentences to make people post comments and read your blog.

9. My favorite one was Asha’s because she had lots of detail about what was happening in her life. she used lots of pictures to show how cute her puppy was, and what she was talking about. My least favorite was Jaden’s because on the one about John cena, he didn’t have a lot about his opinion and just a lot of facts. I might put some pictures in and big events that have happend, and also type about resent events that will catch peoples eye

10. you can get others to read your post is by maybe asking qustions leaving people on cliff hangers

11. my least favorite jaydens blog i think he could have more verity so people are surprised to read.

12. Lizzie’s was my favorite. Jadens was my least favorite. I think to get them read your blog you need a good eye catching title.

13. Jaden’s blog was confusing and I didn’t understand why he was talking about his 6th favorite wrestler, not his 1st. Laura’s blog was a fun read but had a few spelling and typing mistakes. I did like the question at the end. Lizzie’s blog was fun to look at and made me hungry. I felt like Natalie’s blogs were short but an easy read. I thought Asha’s blog was cool because it highlighted enjoyable things in her life.

14. My favorite blog was probably Asha’s blog, I liked how she
    had pictures that she took on her own and her articles had lots of detail. My least favorite article was probably Jaden’s it didn’t have as much information and pictures. I was also confused when reading his article.

15. I personally like Lizzes the best. I liked how she put pictures in the article. I also liked how she wrote it about sweets. Its was something i really enjoyed reading it was entertaining. My least favorite one was Jaidens blog. I found his blog kind of confusing. But i didnt like the fact that he wrote about his sixth favorite wrestler and not his first. What i think i could do that could make make my blog more interesting is maybe add facts about things i mentioned and use things people maybe didnt know. To get people to comment on my blog maybe i should make it interesting ig.

16. my least favorite blog was jaden’s awesome blog it had to many bullet points and useless information. my favorite was lizzys blog because of the pictures.

17. jaden’s was my favorite blog because it was soooooooooooooooooooooooooo cooooooooool. Asha’s blog was the worse blog because it was boring. put cool pictures in your blog so its not boring

18. My favorite blog was Laura, because she had cute cupcakes and she shared her interests like how many licks does it take to get to the canter of a tootsie pop.The worst one was Jaden’s blog, it was boring sports and wasn’t fun. The second best was Asha’s blog because she had the cutest dog in the world and now i want it.

19. ashas was my favorite bc i love dogs. my least favorite was jadens awsome blog bc i am NOT interested by pro wrestling. its gross and fake to be honest and i think whoever made jadens awesome blog should change the text color and not make the back round black. it hurts my eyes. to make it more interestign for me you should not have it be about wrestling. but other people have different interests.

20. to make your blog more interesting you should add more photos and not put so much color on it. Keep it simple. to get people to be more interested and read your blog more you should ask interesting questions, make jokes; just act like your talking to the reader more 1 on 1 instead of just making a simple claim.

21. The Jaden’s awsome blog can not just talk about sports, but more totally different thing, also more pictures. Maybe have a more interesting blog so people will read it

22. i liked Lizzies blog because sesame street is cool and cupcakes are good

23. I liked lizzies blog because the idea was fun and i watched sesame street when i was little

24. lizzies blog was my favorite because she made really good looking sweets and was very interesting. Jadens was my least favorite blog because I don’t like WWE. You can make it intersting to read by making it a popular topic around the world. You can get others to read and comment by making it an arguable topic.

25. i didn’t like Jadens blog on Aaron Rodgers because i hate the green bay packers and i hate Aaron rogers a lot

26. My favorite blog was lizzies because of my first comment.
    I didnt like jaydens cause i just dont like that topic
    You can make it interesting.

27. my least favorite blog was Jaden’s blog because it has Aaron Rodgers and is not put together very well and I do not like Aaron Rodgers. my favorite blog as I like Lizzie’s blog because it was unique and fun. I can make my blog interesting by asking people what they like and want. i can hook them